Seniors information, activities, and events, for ‘Age Friendly’ individuals within Kaslo and Area ‘D’
From drop-in coffee time to luncheon meetings, learn more about senior activities located throughout Kaslo and Area D.
Elizabeth Brandrick, NKLCSS’s Seniors Coordinator, is at the Kaslo Food Hub on the 1st Tuesday of the month located in the basement of St. Andrew’s Heritage Hall – (alleyway entrance), and all other Tuesdays (2nd – 5th) at the Kaslo Seniors’ Hall. All sessions are drop-in from 10 am to noon. She provides:
- Information on existing and new services
- Assistance to access services for example, help with Low Income Dental Assistance forms
Kaslo and Area Activities for ‘Age Friendly’ individuals:
Seniors’ Drop in Coffee Time
- Friday mornings 9:30 – 11:00 am. at the Kaslo Seniors’ Hall.
- Everyone is welcome
- Suggested donation is $2.00.
Seniors’ Luncheon meetings
- held on the 1st Tuesday of each month from September to June.
- The luncheons are held at the Kaslo Seniors’ Hall at noon, and the cost is $10.00 for members, and $12.00 for visitors.
- The month of June is an exception with the dinner being served at J.B.’s at Woodbury at noon on June 4th. J.B.’s are opening especially for the Kaslo and Area D Seniors. Tickets must be purchased in advance (by Friday May 31st) from our President Louise De Pape. (Connect with Louise at Seniors’ Coffee this week).
June 15th is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
- Consider wearing purple that day to show your solidarity with those who are struggling, or have struggled with Abuse.
June 15th there will be a legal presentation about Probate sponsored by Hospice.
- Location is the Kaslo Seniors’ Hall, and the time is from 1:00 – 3:00.
June 21st there will be a Community Picnic at the Kitchen Shelter in Vimy Park from 4:00 – 7:00.
- Please bring your own chair, cutlery, plates, and cup.
- All are welcome.
June 25th there will be a ‘Hike with Val’ from 10:00 – 12:00.
- Please meet at the corner of 5th and C Ave., and bring a bag lunch, and appropriate footwear and attire to match the weather.
- Tea, Coffee, and Juice will be served in the hall of St. Mark’s following the hike, and washroom facilities will be available.
- Feel free to invite friends to come along.
Watch this site for continuing updates of activities!